Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blog Tour!: Embrace by S.E. Hall

Embrace by S.E. Hall
Kara's rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Embrace (Evolve Series, #2)
Rating 3.5

This series is solid. The characters are a great group. I like reading about them. I was glad I got to know them.... I even feel like I will see more of them.
I would have liked to have seen more of DANE. Then again - this book wasn't about him.

Evan and Whitley make a great story!


Evan is:


Whitley is:





The tattoo scene was my FAVORITE part of the book!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bellas rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 wonderful stars for Embrace by SE Hall.

I always struggle with how many stars to give a book. I really enjoyed this book and I do recommend it to anyone that read Emerge AND I can't wait for the next book. Release day is not soon enough for me to read Sawyer's story.

In Emerge we got this love triangle between Laney and Evan and Dane.

In Embrace, the focus shifts to Evan's story. And Whitley's story. So we get 4 POV's: Evan, Whitley, Dane and Laney.

Evan. He's just about perfect. My heart breaks for him in the beginning as he struggles with the changes he made to be closer to Laney. He is at a new school, no friends, no girl, no football. So he tries his best to move on.

Laney's friends adopt Evan. Which is sort of weird. And Evan tries to get past his heartbreak. But seeing Laney with Dane really sucks for him.

Whitley. In the first book, she is the girl you love to hate. But in Embrace, she becomes the person that helps Evan heal.

What I liked:
- We got to see how Dane and Laney are doing. There is some resolution with Laney's mom and some of Dane's baggage is revealed too.
- Evan is such a romantic. He's pretty perfect...


What I didn't like:
- Dealing with 4 POV and what's happening with all of those characters made the book drag a bit. I'm not quite sure what I would cut out, but the book seemed long.
- Whitley. She went from the girl that is a nasty thorn in everyone's side to this misunderstood wonderful person. My feelings towards her didn't change as quickly as the character's opinions of her in the book. I was programmed to hate her, and I couldn't drop it as quickly as Laney did.
- Evan. I need some flaws. He struggles with his feelings towards Whitley for a little while, but once he accepts his feelings, there is way too much perfection in his thoughts and how he treats women in general. I don't know any 18/19 year old guys that are this perfect. Makes him a bit unrealistic to me.

Bottom line, this is a great series. I'm so happy that Laney is happy with Dane and Evan finds some happiness too. And their friendship is back on solid ground.

Can't wait for Sawyer's story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment