Blog Tour for Taut by JA Huss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAUT: The Ford Book by JA Huss
(Rook and Ronin Spin-off)
Published January 20, 2014
Contemporary, Erotic Romance, New-ish Adult
Synopsis:
TAUT IS A STANDALONE NOVEL - you do NOT have to read any of the Rook and Ronin books first.
Ford Aston is known for many things. Being an emotionless, messed up bastard, a freakishly smart social outcast, and a cold, domineering master who keeps "pets" instead of girlfriends.
And after Rook broke his heart, he plans to keep it that way.
Ashleigh is known for nothing, and that's exactly what she's got going for her. She's broke, stranded in the mountains with a three month old baby, and Ford Aston is screwing with her head.
Big. Time.
And she plans to mess with his right back.
It's a coy game at first, filled with flirting, and innuendo--but Ford soon realizes something is not quite right with Ashleigh. In fact, something is seriously, seriously wrong and the closer they get to their final destination, the closer Ford gets to the truth.
One night of devastation, self-loathing, and emptiness turns into the best thing that ever happened to Ford Aston. But one day of in-your-face reality threatens Ashleigh's whole existence.
******
Since A LOT of people have been asking here is the scoop on how this book fits in with the Rook & Ronin series:
Ford first appears in Rook and Ronin #2, Manic. He has a bigger role in Panic, R&R #3, and then he has a novella, called SLACK. This TAUT book is only FORD. It's not really part of the R&R series, as that plot has all been sidelined for this one romance book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Links
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reviews
Kara's Review:
I'd give this book a thousand stars if I could!
Ford was everything I wanted and a lot of what I didn't really expect.
As I was reading - I knew it would be "Just one of many flutters I'll make you feel today, so get ready."
Ford likes his suits - but we get to see him in jeans too... but seeing a man in his a perfectly fitted suit - "And by the way, your package looks so good in that suit."
Wait until you read this line "Give me something soft, because I really need it." could you imagine?
J.A. Huss can write a book. And she does it well. Infact it was done so well - I thought she was writing an actual conversation on my kindle. The characters in this book are so well developed - you would think you knew them in real life.
And come on - don't we love an author who can make us fall in love with them just the way she did?
So many kisses and hugs to my new BFF (wink wink) way to hit this one out of the ball park!

I'd give this book a thousand stars if I could!
Ford was everything I wanted and a lot of what I didn't really expect.
As I was reading - I knew it would be "Just one of many flutters I'll make you feel today, so get ready."
Ford likes his suits - but we get to see him in jeans too... but seeing a man in his a perfectly fitted suit - "And by the way, your package looks so good in that suit."
Wait until you read this line "Give me something soft, because I really need it." could you imagine?
J.A. Huss can write a book. And she does it well. Infact it was done so well - I thought she was writing an actual conversation on my kindle. The characters in this book are so well developed - you would think you knew them in real life.
And come on - don't we love an author who can make us fall in love with them just the way she did?
So many kisses and hugs to my new BFF (wink wink) way to hit this one out of the ball park!

Bella's Review:
10,000 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ford. Sigh. I love Ford.
I LOVED Rook and Ronin.
But Ford. He stole my heart.
Give me a sexy, kinky, tortured soul and I'm a big puddle of goo.
Ashleigh - she was awesome!! I love how she didn't take any of Ford's crap and dished it right back to him. She kept him in his toes.
I loved Ford with Ashleigh. But the absolute kicker was Ford with Kate!!! Just...Sigh. So freaking cute.
This book was intense. Ford is intense. And complex And sexy. And smokin' hot. I loved getting into his head.
Words are not helping me express how much I freaking loved this book. I wish I could go back and re-read it for the first time ever because it was amazing. I was completely GLUED to my kindle and could not stop reading.
HIGHLY recommend. I would not change a SINGLE thing about this book.
I have a complete girl crush on JA Huss for giving us these books. She is now an author I will drop everything to read and will buy all future work without even reading the blurb. That's high praise!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. A. Huss likes to write new adult books that make you think and keep you guessing. Her favorite genre to read is space opera, but since practically no one reads those books, she writes new adult science fiction, paranormal romance, contemporary romance, urban fantasy, and books about Junco (who refuses to be saddled with a label).
She has an undergraduate degree in horses, (yes, really–Thank you, Colorado State University) and a master’s degree in forensic toxicology from the University of Florida. She used to have a job driving around Colorado doing pretty much nothing but shooting the breeze with farmers, but now she just writes, runs the New Adult Addiction and Clean Teen Reads Book Blogs, and runs an online science classroom for homeschoolers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rafflecopter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Rafflecopter
a Rafflecopter giveaway



I really love how character driven this series is and you're right the character development is great! I have to catch up, now! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 Thank you so much!
ReplyDelete10,000 firework stars!!!! Love your blog girl!
ReplyDelete