Sunday, July 7, 2013

What do you read your books on & Why.


I swear I have an anxiety attack when my Kindle isn't in arms reach! 
I want to know - what do you read your books on & Why...Please leave a comment

Here is CrazyBella KH's WHY: 

While I grew up reading a lot - when the e-reader craze came out... I always preferred reading from a paperback or hard cover book.  After my girlfriend got me a Kindle Keyboard for Christmas in 2010 (she registered it under her Amazon account too).  Do you think I used it?  NOPE, I didn't.  It sat in my drawer collecting dust.  Why - because I liked to crack a book, smell the book, know my page number....
Then this girlfriend told me about a book I needed to read in June of 2012.  Bared to you (you know that one by Sylvia Day & Yes, Gideon is one of my top 5 book boyfriends!), I already had read FSOG - so I said, "Fine, Sure - I will read BTY."  She also said I had to read it - on my Kindle.

Guess what happened!  My 2 year old didn't steal my bookmark, if I fell asleep while reading in my bed - the book didn't slap me in my face (come on - we all do it!), it showed my percentage of how much of the book was left (so cool!), if I got sidetracked and forgot to place my bookmark in my book - no big deal the Kindle turns off & when I turn it back on - it's on the same page! I thought, "WOW - this Kindle stuff is pretty cool".

Then August of 2012 I broke my foot (Lisfranc fracture).  I was non-weight bearing for 7 weeks.  SEVEN weeks.  HOLY MOLY.  I couldn't do a thing (while you may think of this as a vacation - not being able to work, clean, laundry, cook, drive a car - I also couldn't get a cup of coffee for myself, take care of my 2 year old, drive my oldest to hockey practice, & go to work.  I was dependent on others ALL THE TIME and that sucks!).  What did I do with all my time?  I read.  Reading was the ONLY thing that I seemingly could manage my pain / depression with.  Reading, as you know, can let you live a thousand lives.  Remember I can't drive - so I one-clicked my books like crazy!  Pretty soon my girlfriend that got me my Kindle realized I read too much - so I got my own Amazon account.

And Christmas 2012 my husband got me a Kindle Paperwhite.  Now I don't have to use headlamp to read my Kindle at night (the keyboard isn't back-lit like the Paperwhite & it doesn't weigh as much as the Fire)! I heart my Kindle! I gave my Kindle Keyboard to my oldest son ... and he is a devoted e-reader now too!  He can't wait to give that Kindle to his brother so he can get a Paperwhite too!

So I want to know - what do you read your books on & Why.
**I have no preference over Nook or Kindle - I was just given my first Kindle as a gift**

No comments:

Post a Comment