Wednesday, November 20, 2013

At Any Price by Brenna Aubrey - ARC

At Any PriceAt Any Price by Brenna Aubrey
Bella's rating: 4 of 5 stars

Awesome read!

I was immediately drawn in by the premise. Mia, a financially struggling 22 year old, decides to offer her virginity up to the highest bidder. One night. Just a bit of skin. Then no contact after that. What could go wrong?

So the whole idea has red flags all over it. But as this ridiculous idea gets put into place, we learn more about Mia. She's a gamer who wants to be a doctor. Her mom suffered from cancer and she's worried about paying for her mom's bills and medical school. To say she's strapped for cash is putting it mildly.

But how does one reach the ripe old age of 22 with their virginity intact? She definitely has her reasons and learning them made me feel very protective of Mia. Suffice it to say she doesn't date.

Adam Drake is the highest bidder (or at least the one that passes through Heath's inspection). And Mia is in luck because not only is he filthy rich, he's young and smoking hot!!! Once they meet, her body likes this choice.

But things get delayed for one reason or another and they end up spending more time together, learning about each other. And the thought of having no contact after their "deal" is sealed isn't looking so appealing after all.

This book - while somewhat predictable - had me turning the pages into the wee hours of the night.

Things I Loved:
- The banter. I LOVE banter.
- No insta love. Mia did NOT want to fall in love. She tried to keep her walls up and fought it every step of the way.
- Hot steamy chemistry. Yummy!!!

Things I did not like:
- 22 year old virgin - it gets kind of annoying to read about virgins after a while. BUT, with Mia's back story, I completely understand how this was the case.
- A bit predictable - this is what docked a star for me.
- The gaming jargon. I'm not a gamer so I skimmed these parts.

All in all, I loved this book. It made me laugh, made me squirm (in a good way) and brought me to tears. Very easy to read.

No CH!!

Highly recommend.

Expected Publication 12/9/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment