Three Broken Promises by Monica MurphyBella's rating: 3.5 Stars
I LOOOOVVVEEE Monica Murphy. When Netgalley approved me for this ARC I was so excited to read it!!
One Week Girlfriend and Second Chance Boyfriend were amazing books and I couldn't wait to get more of this series.
In this book Colin and Jen are fighting their feelings for each other. We get dual POV - my favorite!!!
Colin feels this sense of responsibility towards Jen. He was friends with her brother, Danny. Danny and Colin were going to join the military together. Only Danny signed up without him and when Colin took the opportunity to start his own restaurant, Danny went overseas alone and never returned. Colin suffers from guilt over Danny's death. He promised to take care of Jen and that's what he does. But in addition to his sense of responsibility, he cares about her. He wants her. But he feels like he doesn't deserve her because he has let people down before.
Jen's family did not recover from her brother's death well at all. Her parents were blinded by their misery and did not pay any attention to her at all. So she left home and one bad decision after another found her stripping for money and living out of her car. Desperation made her do some things that she is not proud of. She wants to bury them in her past forever. But Colin showed up and saved her.
So Jen finds herself living with Colin, working in his restaurant and she wants so much more from Colin. She doesn't want to be his damsel in distress. But she feels like she doesn't deserve him either.
He wants more. She wants more. But neither want to tell each other how they feel and they each feel they don't deserve the other. OK. I seriously wanted to jump into this story and bash Jen and Colin's heads together. This....resistence to open up to each other dragged on for so long, I thought I might explode.
Colin is a stand up guy. And mouth wateringly delicious. Loved reading from his perspective.
But I did not connect well with Jen. She wants to move away from Colin. To prove to herself that she can make it on her own. But she doesn't plan anything. She doesn't bring her cell phone charger with her on her trip - I mean come on!!! Brains. Use your brains. This irresponsibility was a bit annoying.
The chemistry between Colin and Jen was HOT. Loved the steamy scenes.
And, I loved catching up with Drew and Fable. LOVE THEM!!!
Love Monica Murphy's writing style. Very easy to read. Had me turning the pages to see if the main characters would ever pull their heads out of their asses!
CH - NOPE!! But the series will continue with Four Years Later - Owen's story.
I recommend this book for anyone who has read OWG and SCB. If you have not read those books, READ THEM NOW!! They were amazing.
Thanks, Monica, for a great read. I can't wait to read the next one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment