Thursday, November 7, 2013

Night Owl - M. Pierce - Review

Night Owl by M. Pierce
Bella's rating: 5 of 5 stars

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in the middle of another book when I was STRONGLY encouraged to drop everything and read this book.

It completely sucked me in!!!!! I could not stop turning the pages. The writing is amazing. Love this author.

Matt is our gorgeous, tortured hero. He is a writer and meets Hannah online to become anonymous writing partners.

Hannah is not in a good place in life. She is with a crap boyfriend and has a dead end job. So she decides to pack it up and move back home so she can focus on her writing career.

This connection online between them becomes soooooo much more than just writing. I don't want to spoil anything for you so you can experience the whirlwind that is the story of Matt and Hannah.

We get alternating POV - my favorite!!!

What I loved best about this book is how unpredictable it is. My eyes were GLUED to the screen, I couldn't devour it fast enough. This is one of those books where you forget you're reading. It feels like you're living in the character's world for a little while and then when the book is over you think - WTF just happened? My mind. was. blown. I felt the loss of the characters and I miss them so much I just might do a re-read.

Hot, steamy sex - check (perhaps a bit...taboo...you may need an underwear change after you read this one!)

Hot, steamy hero - check (Sex God)

Tortured, broken, bad boy - check

Awesome heroine - check (loved Hannah!!)

Plot - check (it's not just erotica, people, there was a very good plot)

Cliff-hanger - say it ain't so!!!!! YES, there is a CH. But you have GOT TO READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!! I usually hate CH endings and will wait for the sequel. But I'm so glad I read this now. Don't wait, you'll be glad you read it.

M. Pierce - when are you writing more books???? Where have you been all my life??? I love your work and look forward to reading more of your words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kara's review: 5 of 5 stars

"I already knew that the price of great pleasure is great pain." 

CAN I TELL YOU ALL HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS BOOK!?

From page one I was hooked, the writing was so easy to read! I had the feeling that I was watching these characters literally jump off the page for me!

Either I was thinking: YES!, or OH MY!! (yup you know I was blushing), then a little sad, then WTH!! (yes... its a cliffy friends)

Some of my favorites: 
I almost told her I loved her. Sex is the damndest thing bahahaha. that was so damn funny!

I swear M. Pierce knows me - I am a list maker too! "I opened my lists. I'm a list-maker." I love lists. Although I will say my smart phone has helped me break that little habit. 

I am a huge fan of this book. 
It was my 400th book for 2013 & It will most likely end up being favorite book #2 of this year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment: