Monday, September 30, 2013

The Diary of Brad Deluca by Alessandra Torre --> Release Day! (9/30)

Title: The Diary of Brad De Luca
Length: 11,000 words (40 pages)
Release Date: September 30th

GoodreadsPage

Amazon Link









Blurb:
I was happy with my life. And who wouldn't be? Beautiful women, money, a job that I could sleep through and still make bank. But I was bored. And I never could walk away from a challenge.


This challenge turned out to be brunette. Feisty. Just the way I like them. But innocent. Too innocent for me. Too innocent to do anything other than sample and then toss back. Anything more would be too risky, too much work.


I was unprepared for Julia Campbell. I should have done my homework, should have looked before diving into unfamiliar waters. Ditching her proved to be problematic, my sexual needs greater than my common sense.


She was different. She became more than a challenge.


She may just bring my world crashing down.


This novella is a companion piece to Blindfolded Innocence, a #1 Erotica Bestseller

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt:


2:45 AM. Too damn late. He collected a stack of chips and let them fall through his hand, watching them bounce and drop on the green felt.


“Your luck has turned,” the heavyset man before him said, gathering the cards. “You should stop for the night.”


Brad looked up, shaking his head and sliding a single black chip forward. “Another hand.”


He reached for the glass, downing the remaining bit of bitter liquor. It was out of his norm – continuing to play when his luck had turned. But he needed to be down here and out of the suite. In the suite was her – and he didn’t know how to handle her.


A waitress materialized at his side, setting another cold glass before him. He nodded, passing her a tip, and tapped on the table, asking for another card. He stared at his hand, trying, for the hundredth time, to rid his mind of her image.


They had checked in late, heading up to the room first, the bellman putting away their bags. He had expected them to go out, for dinner or drinks, when she had come to pieces, standing in the middle of the suite, her eyes welling with tears, her mouth basically accusing him of bringing her here for sex. It was like she expected him to bend her over the sofa as soon as the door closed behind the bellman.


He swallowed a mouthful of bitter whisky. Her concerns were well-founded. He had assumed that they would fuck, but he was in no rush. It wasn’t something that needed to happen on this trip. This trip had been intended more for… hell – he didn’t know why he had brought her here. The whole damn thing didn’t make any sense. All he knew was that look in her eyes – that fragile, terrified expression – told him that he needed to be careful. Keep his distance, keep her clothed, untouched. She was not one of the woman who laid on his desk and begged for a fucking. She was, apparently, fairly inexperienced. And she would take the sex as more than it was.


Stay away. Keep his distance. An easy decision to make when he sat thirty-two floors below her, alcohol and hours of distraction between them. It might be a different story when he was in her presence again.


He pushed the remaining chips towards the line. “All in. Last hand.”


“Good luck,” the dealer said with a somber look.


“Thanks. I need it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author Links:
 Website ♦ Facebook ♦ Twitter ♦ Pinterest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella's Review: 4 of 5 stars

OK, peeps. This is a novella. A companion to Blindfolded Innocence. It's not a full length novel.

I LOVED Blindfolded Innocence. My girly bits STILL tingle when I think of that one scene (if you've read the book, you know the one). So I was really excited to get more of Brad's POV from some of the scenes.

Alessandra did a great job of bringing us from each scene without summarizing or being redundant. I imagine it can be difficult to write short glimpses without getting tangled up in the parts in between.

This book definitely allowed me to understand Brad DeLuca better.

It was just enough to wet my appetite and remind me of one thing...

I WANT MORE!!!

If you've read Blindfolded Innocence, you must read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment