Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book pulled me in right away!
We get alternating POV from Nora and Leo.
Nora comes from a wealthy family and has always tried to be perfect to get her mother's love and approval. But underneath the perfect clothes, make up, diet and grades, she is miserable. She slowly cracking. Money can not buy you happiness. From the beginning, I had the feeling that something really bad happened to her. She was hiding secrets and I had to keep turning the pages to see what had happened to her.
Leo is his brother's guardian and he really lets this role define him. He focuses so much on providing for Sebastian that his own happiness is not a priority. When he locks eyes with Nora, a connection is made. But he refuses to give in to it. He is afraid to love because then that love makes you vulnerable. He knows what it's like to lose someone you love. And he does NOT want to go there ever again.
I'm so proud of Nora's growth in this book. It's so great to see a character change and grow and really start to figure things out.
Love the supporting characters. Teddy and Sebastian were my favorites. And Aunt Portia. And Mila.
But Leo. Sigh. Let me just say I want to lick his tattoos. He is completely dreamy. But throughout the whole book he had his head up his ass. He kept pushing Nora away. So frustrating.
Nora's mother: I wanted to drop kick this woman. What a vile human being. Yes, she made me think violent thoughts.
All in all I totally enjoyed this book.
CH - NOPE!
It is the first in the series and I can't wait to read more!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy Link: Amazon

No comments:
Post a Comment