The Dumont Diaries by Alessandra TorreBella's Rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is a compilation of the mini-series by Alessandra Torre - To Have, To Hold, Till Death, & Do Us Part. I was lucky enough to stumble on this once they were stitched together in this book, The Dumont Diaries.
Candace is a stripper. She didn't plan to be. She doesn't enjoy it. She went to school, got a college degree in event planning, but didn't take enough time to plan things properly. She can't get a job in her field, has maxed out credit cards and needs to make money to feed herself and pay her bills. We all think we would never stoop so low as to become a stripper, to sell your body for money, but when push comes to shove, you have to do what you have to do.
Candace is not a whiny heroine. I love that about her. She does what she has to do. She pulls up her big girl panties (or in this case, takes them off) and she does what she has to do to pay the bills. Yes, she is ashamed. She can't sleep at night. She can't face her father. It definitely takes a toll. She comes to accept the fact that a HEA is not in the cards for her. A poor planner like herself doesn't deserve a HEA. She would settle for a comfortable life. She fantasizes about a wealthy, old, ugly man that wants a pretty young thing to warm his bed until he dies. She won't hope for a HEA, but she hopes for peace and comfort.
Then Blue Eyes walks into her club. He is mega-rich, but he's not old, and he's NOT ugly. Far from it. Looking at his perfection wakes her body up. And when he visits the strip club, he requests her in the VIP room. And his visits leave her with enough money to live comfortably for a little while.
One of his visits ends up with Blue Eyes giving Candace a business proposition. Become his wife and live a life in luxury, but with no promise of love. Ever. And there are ... conditions she must agree to follow. Can she do it? Can she trade any hope of a HEA for a life with this mysterious man? Can she give up her freedom for comfort?
Did I mention this book is incredibly HOT?? When Nathan and Candace come together, there aren't just sparks, there are explosions! Their chemistry is off the charts.
Nathan is such a mysterious character. I couldn't stop turning the pages to find out more about him. I wanted to hate him, but at the same time, I couldn't help hoping that his feelings would change for Candace. Then he would go and do something idiotic and I would hate him again.
And the secrets and twists!!! This book is anything but predictable. I was shocked at some parts. Disgusted at some parts. Cringing/afraid, biting my nails. But through it all, I was intrigued. What is going to happen??!!! Could. Not. Stop. Reading! I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning and it did NOT disappoint.
But let me just stop and praise Alessandra Torre. The writing is PHENOMENAL!! I was completely sucked in!! I LOVED Blindfolded Innocence and after reading The Dumont Diaries I'm completely hooked on your words! Love your writing style and can't wait to read all future work.
So, bottom line, if you want a book that is unpredictable and sexy (and I mean so freaking hot) then read this book. It isn't just erotica. It's sooo much more!
View all Bella's reviews
----------------------------------------------------------
Kara read this as the mini series it was originally written in:
Kara's Review: 4 starsTo Have (The Dumont Diaries, #1)
Her life was like a train wreck... then she was offered a business proposal.
Marriage, prenuptial, assumption, loyalty, confidentiality.
How can you say no to a proposal like that?
To Hold (The Dumont Diaries, #2)
This one is defiantly has the heat.

Till Death (The Dumont Diaries, #3)
Where is book 4!?
Do Us Part (The Dumont Diaries, #4)
I would love to tell you BUT - I can't tell you everything...
**I think these books were a very worthy read!**
You will be shaking your head in shock...trying to calm yourself from the heat...and willing yourself to talk to the characters!
----------------------------------------------------------
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I would prefer to read them once they are all out; I don't like the anticipation. But if I like the series enough, I'll read it one by one as they are release, then I just start regretting it once I get done with the latestand have to wait, lol.
ReplyDeleteIt depends. If I see that there is not too long of a wait until they are all out. then I will wait and read all at once. But if I really like a particular author or series then I will read as they come out.
ReplyDeleteIt depends if I know its a series i'll wait, but them sometimes the author keeps a great secret and waits til you read it and says surprise there a cliffhanger..Thoses are really fun too.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to buy as they ome out, but sometimes when I find a series I haven't read, I buy them all at once.
ReplyDelete