Believe by Erin McCarthy
Bella's rating: 5 of 5 stars
**Netgalley ARC**
I did not read the first 2 books in the series. When I came across this book in Netgalley, I did not know it was a part of a series. I read the blurb, liked it, and requested it.
I'm sooooooooooooo glad I did. I LOVED THIS BOOK!!
Robin is your typical college girl. She goes to parties, gets drunk, makes out with guys. Rinse and repeat. Binge drinking - check. Making out with meaningless guys that have no intention of calling you the next day - check. Feeling kind of empty about what you did but still think it was fun - check. Let me tell you - I TOTALLY related to Robin. Definitely went through a phase like this in college.
Then one night, she drank sooooo much that she does not remember what she did. Completely blacked out and woke up next to her best friend/roommate's boyfriend. She is so horrified with her actions that she decides she never wants to get drunk again. She is not that girl. She would NEVER have slept with Nathan if she were sober. Guilt eats at her. And shame.
Then she meets Phoenix. He is fresh out of jail, covered with tattoos and comes from a very unstable upbringing. But he sees her. The real her. And he takes away some of the hurt in her heart.
Phoenix is different. He's used to keeping to himself because his mother moved them around all the time. No one has ever really shown him affection. His mother is a drug addict and has never been there for him the way a real mother should. He just got released from prison and wants to make a fresh start in life. It's pretty hard when you only have the clothes on your back and a couple of dollars in your wallet. He knows it is a terrible idea to get involved with Robin. He has nothing to offer her. But she makes him feel a little less lonely.
Things I loved about this book:
- The writing pulled me in to this story. Could not stop turning the pages!! I really felt for Robin.
- Alternating POV - my favorite!! Loved getting into Phoenix's head.
- The characters really grew throughout the story. Loved their connection. Loved they way that made each other a better person.
I'm so glad I had the chance to read this book. I'm looking up the first two books and reading them as soon as possible!!
Read this book! Amazon Link ♦ B&N Link

No comments:
Post a Comment