Bella's rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book. This BOOK! THIS BOOK!!!
I love this book. Words are failing me.
Eleanor & Park is a ya novel about 2 kids that fall in love in high school. We get alternating POV from Eleanor and Park.
Eleanor is NOT your typical high school girl. She is not skinny, she is not popular. Her family life sucks and she is weird. On her first day at a new school, the kids on the bus make fun of her and she ends up sitting next to Park.
Park is also kind of weird. He's not popular, but not a loser either. At first, he's annoyed by Eleanor and how she embraces her weirdness. But then, he's captivated by her.
That's what changed everything. Sitting next to each other on the bus. They don't fall in love right away. There is no insta-love here. It's gradual. It builds slowly. And then it's ALL CONSUMING.
But aside from the love story, there are heartbreaking parts to this book. The mean kids in high school. The step dad. God I hated him.
Throughout it all, Rainbow Rowell describes everything in such a powerful way that I felt EVERYTHING. I connected to Park and Eleanor. I laughed, I smiled, I cringed, I had a stomach ache at one point, and I cried. This book pulled me in with the amazing writing.
The audiobook had spectacular narration - if you are able to listen to it, I highly recommend.
This story touched my heart. This is the kind of book that will stick with me for years and years. It's definitely on my re-read list.
Thank you to Rainbow Rowell for such an amazing book. I can't to read more of your words!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy Links
This book is pricey but it was available on my library's website which is how I listened to it. Please check your library and don't let the price tag prevent you from experiencing this wonderful story!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment