Monday, December 9, 2013

The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles

The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters)The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles
Bella's rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars.

So I'm a sucker for a HEA. And this book scared the crap out of me because I knew in advance that it wasn't going to have the ending I wanted. So I put off reading it. I actually planned on NEVER reading it. But my blog-mate twisted my arm. Yes, Kara H, it is all you're fault.

I loved A Song For Julia and Just Remember to Breathe. Awesome author, for sure.

And Charles Sheehan-Miles does not disappoint in The Last Hour. I wanted to read Carrie and Ray's story since I read Just Remember to Breathe.

Loved reading how they connected and made each other's lives better.

But they did not have an easy story. Everywhere they turned, there was an obstacle. Family, Carrie's job, and the Army. They just couldn't catch a break.

The agonizing, heartbreaking parts were so difficult for me to get through. I did NOT want to get too attached to any of the characters because I was so afraid of what was going to happen. But no matter how hard I tried to distance myself, I fell completely in love with Ray.

Readers, beware, the book is phenomenally written. But you need a box of kleenex, some alcohol and a friend to hold your hand when you read this book.

Kara's Review


The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles
Kara's rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this story.  It is so real.  It makes you feel.  I loved seeing how Ray and Carrie melded together. I love the emotion. I like that it was not always happy - because how is LIFE happy all the time? It makes you appreciate what you have.

The writing is above & beyond.

I fell in love with Charles when he liked my facebook blog this summer.  I fell in love even more after I read A Song For Julia... and this - this just made me worship him even more.

I want to have a dinner party with CSM! I bet he has so many great stories in his head to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment