Friday, December 20, 2013

Pushing the Limits Series by Katie McGarry


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kara's Review: 4 Stars!!

Emotional ride. Nice Story.

Bella's Review: 5 Stars!!!

Noah. Oh Noah. I want to take care of Noah and his brothers.

And Echo. You too, Echo. I want to drop kick your mother and punch your father and bring you home with me.

Seriously, these two kids have gone through more that what most people go through in their whole lives. I'm so glad they found each other.

This story touched my heart and made me cry many times - get some tissues ready.

I loved every minute of it. Awesome read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella's Review:  3.5 stars
Novella about Lila and Lincoln.

I just finished Pushing the Limits and I don't remember there being any mention of Lincoln, so it was kind of a surprise to learn that Lila and Lincoln had been exchanging letters for over 2 years.

None the less, it was an enjoyable story. I felt Lincoln's frustration with his family, I felt Lila's fear. It left me wanting more. I guess that happens with most novella's....

Will definitely read more by this author. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella's Review: 4 Stars!!

This book broke my heart....and put it back together again.

Ryan is a jock who can't stand to lose. Whether it be a game, a competition or a dare - he is in it to win it. His parents have given him everything he needs to succeed in playing pro-baseball. Except options.

Beth - she is vulgar and tough. But her mother is her weak spot. She feels like she has to take the fall for her mother and she continues to want to pick up the pieces, despite how dreadful her mother has treated her in the past.

What starts out as a dare ends up being so much more.

Love the connection between these two. Love the secondary characters. Mark - sigh. I want to crawl into the book and give him some hugs. Right after I kick the dad's @ss.


Awesome series!!! Made me laugh and cry. Can't wait for more!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Bella's Review: 4.5 Stars - Loved this book! 


I've read the entire series at this point and I really appreciate how all the books are different. Different things the characters the people are into, different problems, different nick names, etc. It's sort of like reading a new stand alone book, but the characters are all connected.

This book really demonstrated how everything has consequences. One little thing - Rachel wanted to drag race - can snow ball completely out of control. 

Loved Isaiah - bad boy on the outside, vulnerable & gentle on the inside. 

My heart broke for Rachel - a replacement for a sister that died before she was born. Everyone has expectations for her to make her mother happy. No one actually saw the real Rachel. 

After reading this series, it really makes me take a step back from the relationship I have with my kids to make sure I'm not doing anything that will traumatize them for the rest of their lives!!

Loved catching up with Noah, Echo, Beth, Ryan and Logan. Can't WAIT for Logan's book. 


Kara's Review: 5 Stars!! 

"The tattoos won't wash off. The earrings will never change. I am who I am and nothing more. I'm loyal to a chosen few, I always keep my word and I'll protect you with my life."

McGarry drove this one home! Isaiah & Rachel. Sigh. Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment