Thursday, August 15, 2013

ARC of Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu

Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu**ARC courtesy of Inkslinger in exchange for an honest review.**

Kara's Review:

Rating 3.5

Catching Liam was a good book. I recommend this.  


Jills and Liam made for a great story - started off as a one night stand and Liam makes waffles in the morning (all I can say - is I missed out - I didn't have a date like that in college!). A lot of it the book takes place around a class they are both in "Interpersonal Communications". The teacher in this class was someone I would like to know more (just my luck - book 2 will have more of him in it!)

Jills has a hidden secret and through this book we find out what it is and how she deals with it in her life.
Liam is a college student from Scotland on a student visa. He is what I call a mini-alpha male. I love my alpha boys!

Bella's Review:
3.5 stars

In Catching Liam, we get a story from Jillian's POV. I really liked the premise of this book. Jillian and her besties, Jess and Cassie, are in college and they go out on the prowl to catch a guy for the night. But Cassie and Jess are seeing someone, so really it's just Jillian playing catch. One of the rules, however, is that she doesn't do relationships.

You think it's because she wants to be foot loose and fancy free while in college, but you get hints all along that there is another reason she keeps guys at a distance.

Liam, however, does not want to be released. He has some serious sticking power. He's gorgeous, has a six pack, and he's from Scotland. Um, sign me up for that!!! He also wants to pursue more with Jillian.

Jillian's opinion is not changed by his impressive bedroom skills or his culinary skills. She doesn't want to get involved and she is a complete bitch to Liam.

This is the part of the story that is hard for me to relate to. If I were Liam, I wouldn't have taken all of Jillian's shit. I could see if they had some deep connection, you can forgive someone for lashing out at you. But they had just met and for some bizarre reason, he keeps coming back for more.

Once Jillian actually starts being nice to Liam, I did enjoy the book. Liam and Jillian are hot together.  When he learns Jillian's secret, will he still want to make her waffles every morning??

I wanted to drop kick Tara.

No CH, but I can tell that this is the beginning of a series. I'm thinking Jess and their communications professor have a connection... and something is up with Cassie and Trevor, I'd love to see where their stories end up.


No comments:

Post a Comment