Friday, August 9, 2013

Bella's Review & Giveaway of If You Leave by Courntey Cole

If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)If You Leave by Courtney Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Courtney Cole completely sucked me into this book very quickly. In the first chapter, we learn that Gabriel Vincent is an army ranger and he has been deeply affected by things he has seen at war. He is hurting mentally in a bad way. This chapter left me sort of horrified, actually, but at the same time, I wanted to crawl into the book and soothe him. I knew right away that this was going to be a deeply emotional book.

Madison meets Gabriel by chance outside of a club. She rarely goes out and she decides she wants to let her hair down and be someone else for a night. Someone who will have a one night stand. The chemistry between Madison and Gabriel is off. the. charts!!! Wow, that taxi cab ride (well, the first part of it anyways)**fans self** whew. The room rose several degrees in temperature and I struggled to maintain my composure as my kids were playing in the same room with me while I was reading. Suffice it to say, Gabe and Maddy are hot together.

Madison is a complex character. She bore the brunt of responsibility when her parents died. She inherited their house and their restaurant and left her dreams behind. She was also scarred by her parent's relationship and does not want to be with a man that was like her father.

Gabriel comes home from serving overseas with PTSD. He thinks therapy won't help him so he refuses it and struggles with night terrors. He keeps everyone at arms length because he does not think he deserves happiness.

Maddy and Gabe keep running into each other. There is no insta love in this book which I sooooo appreciated. The author took the time to develop their relationship. I love the banter.

And we get to see more Mila and Pax!!! OMG, I loved getting a continuation of their story. However, if you did not read If You Stay, you won't be lost in this book. (Although I think you should read it right away because it was awesome).

I don't want to give too much away. But this book totally opened the floodgates on my emotions. Maddy and Gabe helped each other face their demons. My heart ached for them, especially Gabriel. I was completely gutted by Gabriel's story. Courtney Cole brings awareness to what soldiers go through while at war and how difficult it is for them to re-adjust to normal life once they are home.

CH - no!!

HEA - YES!!

Steaminess - Oooohhhh YEA!!

I highly recommend this book. Courtney Cole is now on my auto buy list of authors - I will get all future work. Without even reading the blurb (this is high praise!!).

Amazon link

Because I loved this book sooooo much, we're giving away 3 copies of If You Leave!!!!  Enter the Rafflecopter below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

9 comments:

  1. My favorite book boyfriend would have to be Connor Black from Forever Trilogy by Sandi Lynn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still haven't read this yet but plan on it. Maybe I can be a lucky winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ultimate book boyfriend would be the one and only Kellan Kyle. ALWAYS

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite book boyfriend is the one and only Kellan Kyle of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved If you stay!! I so want to read if you leave. Thanks for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite book boyfriend is Qhuinn from black dagger brotherhood series

    ReplyDelete
  7. My #1 BBF is Kellan Kyle! Runner up is Gavin Blake!

    ReplyDelete