Hey Everyone!
I'm Bella. Well that's my "blog name." I'm 34, married, mother of 2 and I work full time. Reading has been a hobby of mine since I was in maybe 6th grade. But during college and graduate school it definitely took a back seat. I spent so much time reading for school, I had to get my nose out of the books after school work was done. Once I successfully completed school and got job, I was able to return to my love of reading. I probably read 1-4 books a month, but it all depended if something caught my eye at the bookstore. I read physical books only.
When my husband and I built our first house, my commute changed from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Yowza, that hurt. So, I started listening to audio books to make the time go by. I went from hating my commute, to loving it. It gave me 2 hours a day to escape the real world. I found myself idling in the car to listen to just one more chapter. Then I discovered I could play these audio books on my phone. And then, an addict was born. I found myself listening not only while I drove, but while I folded the laundry, did the dishes, cleaned the house and before bed. Then I discovered my library had a website and you chould check out digital books and read them on your phone. And I can read faster than the narrator talks on the audiobooks.
This was the time the Kindle was becoming popular. My husband bought me a Kindle for Mother's day. This totally kicked my reading into high gear. OMG - Amazon opened up a whole new world of reading. I discovered indie authors that weren't available at the library or bookstore and they were sooooo awesome. I began spending almost just as much time shopping for new books as I did reading them. My reading went from 1-4 books a month, to 4-7 books a week.
Then one day, while I was on facebook, I discovered you could "like" authors. OMG - they became real people to me! You can actually talk to them!! I almost peed my pants the first time an author responded to one of my comments. Then I discovered blogs! And groups! I don't have very many friends that like to read, so it was amazing to be able to connect with others that share my love for a good book. And get recommendations!
I was hesitant to start a blog because there are hundreds of them. I didn't want to be just another blog. I don't know anything about putting a website together and it was a bit overwhelming to me. But then I connected to Kara through a mutual reading group on FB. After chatting about it, we decided we would love to be able to pimp our favorite authors and books!
And here we are, blogging!
I feel so strongly about honest reviews and not blindly pimping anyone. I won't pimp a book I haven't read and liked. And I won't post a good review if I didn't like the book. I drives me crazy when I buy a book that had 50 5 star reviews and it was terrible. When I buy a book, I like reading some positive reviews and then I like reading the negative reviews. All people are not going to like all books. We all have our buttons and if a book is going to push all of my buttons, I would rather not read it. Sometimes the negative reviews make me want to read the book and see what I think for myself.
That being said, I hope we are able to bring you a couple of books you may not have discovered for yourself.
And if you want us to pimp a book for you, please message us. Once we read it, we will post our honest review. I like to read all kinds of books (YA/NA, dystopian, paranormal, romance, erotica, sci-fi, suspense).
~Bella~
No comments:
Post a Comment